Are you contemplating to buy an external hard drive for your Xbox One? Firstly, it’s a very good move. An external storage is necessary if you are an avid gamer and would like to upgrade and update and add more games to your current stock. Getting an Xbox One HDD is very easy. Here’s why.
Useful pointers on how to buy an Xbox One External Hard Drive. Here are some tips for a great buy:
- It is essential to remember that when you are looking to buy an external hard drive there are several options available and not all products come with the same features and capacities.
- If you are buying for your Xbox One, look for an USB with a 3.0 version and above. It is important to note the specs to get something that has adequate storage capacity.
- Choose a portable drive if you are looking at any drive that has more than 256GB and less than 2-3TB. A portable drive is very convenient and with a single cable that can charge as well as sync. If you are looking at desktop drives, remember that they are heavier and need a separate power adapter. The portable drives may be a tad bit more expensive, but they are very convenient when you are travelling.
- If you are looking at some drives more than 3TB it makes sense to go in for desktop drives. Have an additional portable drive if you travel a lot, so that you could store the games of your choice.
- Choose a USB drive which is compatible with your Xbox One and go in for a brand that provides you a good standard.
- The important thing is to look for standard free space available for storage and not pay much attention to the additional features which only reduce the storage space available and a HDD need not carry the burden of security and additional functions like running multiple applications. It is important that it is purely dedicated for providing the much-needed additional space.